“The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine” Mike Murdock
There are many reasons why I have decided to run a mile daily. Here are ten
- A mile run is easy to fit into the day. It takes me around ten minutes to run the mile and this is very achievable on a daily basis.
- It is a short enough distance to avoid injury.
- Over a year I run 365 miles which is the same as 14 marathons.
- It burns about 60,000 calories a year and probably more as the metabolic rate is kept high.
- The run can be done anywhere:- from home, from work or on holiday. There can be no excuses to move.
- I am able to challenge myself easily within the mile by incorporating a few faster segments.
- I don’t need to procrastinate about going for the run as I know it will be over quite quickly. The psychological barrier is easily broken.
- I do not need to think when I will be exercising as I know it is everyday.
- My metabolic rate is kept high because it is always being given a daily boost.
- As I run everyday I tend to have more energy throughout the day and am much more positive about everything else in life.
Why do you run everyday? I would love to hear from you.